3.06.2009

Love.

Oh love. I don't know why I feel compelled to write tonight... maybe it's because I just finished (finally) watching the bachelor, or I'm smack dab in the middle of an OC marathon (Don't laugh). Or because I ran into two ex's in one day. NO I don't regret not being with them, or wish I was, etc..... but it still makes you think, you know?

I'm a big fan of love. No, I'm not in love with anyone, nor do I see myself being in love in the near future, but I have been in love before. Let's be honest, I haven't really fared well in the love department in the past few years, and have had one...a few too many broken hearts for my liking, but I'm still a fan of love. In hindsight, my last relationship turned out to be a train wreck from start to finish, and the one before that kinda ended before it even started. Long story. But at the end of the day, I can't deny that I have faith in love. I have faith that one day I'll be in it. I have faith that God designed love, He is Love, and He will give me love.

I was talking to my brilliant friend Reese tonight, and she was so encouraging. I was venting, and she advised me to "remember how fabulous you are...it can't do anything but pay off". Love can even come from great friends! She was full of insight and great advice... saying that all unanswered questions will eventually resurface, giving everything meaning. That reason is hard to trust in the moment, but essentially that hindsight really is 20/20. Which adds to the reason I believe in love. I believe that I'll one day figure it out. Call me naive, but I think I'm gonna get my fairy tale one day. Love is a great feeling... feeling loved is a great feeling. I can't wait until I find it, or am given it again.

So...being as I'm not in romantic love, I choose to surround myself with love. Love from my friends, and to my friends. Love from my family, and to my family. Love from my roommates, and to my roommates. Love from my church, and to my church. This list could go on forever. There's also love for people I don't know... but that's a whole 'nother subject.

My advice... choose love. love wins. even when you're single :)



And there's always 1 Corinthians 13. Truth of scripture is a beautiful thing...

"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate... So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love. (v. 1, 3)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (vv. 4-8)

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." (v. 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment