4.18.2009

i'm back...

wow! hard to believe its been a month since i've posted! school has been crazier than i could imagine, and truthfully i have about a million things i should be working on right now rather than this. but i need some chill out, saturday morning, do-whatever-i-want time :).

I should say SO much has happened since last posting...and I definitely don't have room in a blog to get to it all. Spring Break, High School Retreat, Bridge Run, Easter, School, more School, job search, etc. But, I'll just say God has proven Sovereign through it all, and I'm still finding that I need Him and His grace more today than I did yesterday, and the day before, and the day before...you get it.

There have been great ups, and crushing lows in the past month surrounding me and my family, but through it all, God has proven faithful. He will not let us be moved when we seek His face and trust His plan for taking care of us. I would say for sure that God has wrenched from my hands the need for worldly things. My need for expensive clothes, or driving a nice car, even having to live in the biggest house. I've been reminded that while I have these things, He can take them at any moment. If for one day my faith and pride wavers from pride in being His daughter to pride in worldly position and possessions, I am lost. So I'm working on ridding myself of material pride and gaining eternal pride in Christ.


I was running out by the Lake a few weeks ago (something I'm SURE to miss once I graduate and leave Clemson) at sunset. I try to time it just right, because it is so beautiful. Anyways, when I'm running one direction across the dyke my back is to the sunset so I can't see it. But when I got to the end and turned around that day, I was literally stopped in my tracks, amazed at the beautiful display of artwork above me! It was indescribably beautiful, the sky was orange and purple (proof that God's a Tiger!) and a rainbow of colors that no artist could ever duplicate. I was held captive. It was a gorgeous reminder that God's beauty is on display for us to see...we just have to take time to see it. I'm working on this too :).

Anyway, thats enough for one morning...I'm off to enjoy this beautiful day by the pool with my book. I'm almost done with the twilight series...gladly taking book suggestions for when I'm done! :)


MUCHO amor, mis amigos.

1 comment:

  1. I'm saving "STori Telling" for you. Material pride is a hard thing to shake. But at least you are aware, and that's half the battle. There are so many times I feel guilty for having what I have, and just feel like I need to simplify my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful, but life truly isn't about all this "stuff." Glad you're back by the way. :)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete