3.30.2010

Come On and we'll sing, like we were free...

(title: Mat Kearney "Nothing Left to Lose" lyrics)

By standards of the world, I should not be in a good mood, but I know it is the Lord in me telling me to be thankful for the beautiful morning he's given me! So for this, I am joyful! I stayed out way too late last night, spent too much money, and overslept by about 45 minutes this morning! (But still made it to work on time!)

Last night I went to see Mat Kearney and Ingrid Michaelson at Music Farm - one of the best shows I've been to in a long time! Mat came out into the audience and stopped right in the middle of me and all my friends...it was too cool! Then, Needtobreathe made a surprise appearance and performed with him...which was awesome, naturally. I love live music so much!

But then, it was getting late and I had work in the morning, so my friends departed for "wet willies" (YIKES!), and I decided to get a cab back to my car. I do believe the cab driver took advantage of my $20 bill, because he said he "didn't have change" for my $7 ride. Hmmm...how do you drive a cab all night, but not have change? I figured it wasn't worth the argument though, so handed him the $20, played dumb, and made his night.

The BEST part of the whole night though, was that I got to spend it with my best friend and roommate from college! Blair and I haven't caught up since graduation, so it was so SO good to see her, and hear what's going on in her life, and to catch her up on mine. I had forgotten how lucky I am to have a best friend in Blair.

Anyways, listen to Mat and Ingrid, and have a GREAT day!
www.matkearney.com - Mat's website
www.ingridmichaelson.com - Ingrid's website

No comments:

Post a Comment