1.11.2009

music :)

The past couple days I've been on the lookout for some new music, and after suggestions from some pretty sweet people, It's been a success :)

Patty Griffin has some pretty great folk-ish stuff....especially Heavenly Day and Up to the Mountain. Landon Pigg is relaxing, Eef Barzelay is interesting...as well as Gogol Bordello. They're definitely unique and fun :).

BUT the best find was Lindsey Kane. I've loved her song "Measure of Beauty" for a long time, but now she has a new one called "Least of These". The lyrics are so encouraging...you really need to listen to it!

Ok copy and paste this link into your browser because i can't figure out how to do the link thing...it wasn't showing up...
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=26031973
Measure of Beauty should automatically start to play, and you should listen to it, but then listen to Least of these (it's like 3 songs below it).

Praises for a great Sunday of finding great encouraging music!

And at the end of the day, there's always some good ol' "Turn Your Lights Down Low" by Mr. Bob Marley. :)
C

1 comment:

  1. I'll check out your music choices.. I also thought Gogol Bordello was interesting. "Gypsy Punk" as Don refers to it. I think I can only handle it in small doses. Sounds like circus music to me!

    ReplyDelete