1.15.2009

grump face

Yesterday was just a plain old bad day. I was in class from 8:30 to 5:30 - in the same building. It was miserable...welcome to my wednesdays :/. Not to mention, on a campus of 17,000+ undergrads, i ran into the one person i didn't care to see at all. ever. and that was in the morning, so it sort of set the tone. then, i was in class all day, getting stressed out about projects and such...it was great. Then, I thought, ok I'll just go to Fike (the gym) to work out my mood and stress. I thought I was in luck, there was a fitness class, so I wouldn't even have to think about working out, I'd just mindlessly follow the instructor. But oh no, every new-years-resolutioner was in fike last night...so i couldn't even get in the class. So I decided to just run the track...but lasted a little over a mile before I was tripping over more new years resolutioners trying to run/walk. This is why I don't make resolutions, because give it a good month, and the gym will again be near empty in the evenings. (Can't wait!) So my frustrations were rising, so I decided to leave. I didn't feel like going home, so I went to Cooper (the library) to print some slides off for class, but can you guess what happened? Of course, the printer ran out of ink. Thank you budget cuts. So, now thoroughly frustrated/depressed/and generally on the outs, I went home. American Idol provided a brief escape from the day, and then I was exhausted and decided to go to bed. And I was then in full feeling sorry for myself mode, and then got mad at myself for pouting all day (i know, i'm a crazy person). But then, I was praying myself to sleep (as I often do, either on purpose, or accidentally...) I just got the feeling that, "Courtney, it's ok. It's ok to have a bad day every once in a while. Everyone's not happy all the time. You can't control everything. Sometimes the gym's crowded, the printer's broken, and so are some people and your relationship with them. You can't always fix your surroundings." So, then I listened to my amazing roommate's music (Emily Lynch - go find her on myspace - I promise it's worth it!) and actually went to bed at peace.

Point of my rambling: It's ok to have a bad day. It's ok to be grumpy, and even shed a few tears.

You know what else helps? Little orphan Annie...and her great tribute to "Tomorrow" :)

3 comments:

  1. Courney I'm sorry you had to run into me this morning and I was the one person you didn't care to see at all...just kidding...i think. But I like the blog, I have had one set up for a while and never used it...I think I'm going to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those days stink. I can always tell when I'm going to have a grumpy day b/c I start dropping things and it all seems to spiral out of control from there (weird indicator, I know). I hope that you have a super weekend to make up for it. Are you going to the game? Maybe a win over Wake would help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Friend! I'm sorry to hear about your bad day too. Hopefully this past week was better for ya. I'm so glad I found you on here...well, really you found me! ;) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete