9.23.2010

Happy First Day of Fall!

Let me start by saying I love summer. It doesn't get much better than a lazy day on Sullivan's Island with a good book and one of Tim's famous hotdogs from the Green Heron, followed by a crazy night at HomeTeam BBQ. But that being said, summer in Charleston is H O T. And it lasts forever! I'm gladly welcoming fall this year...probably because I don't live on the beach anymore, so I might be subconsciously harboring some bitterness? Anyways, I was thinking of why I love fall and thought I'd make a list! :)

1. FOOTBALL. 
There's nothing like sitting in a stadium saturated in orange, hearing the cannon shoot and the flood of football players run down the hill, seeing a million balloons in the sky, tailgating, seeing old friends, hearing the drumline play, and watching the cheerleaders flip and fly. I LOVE football season. (although Clemson has a history of choking in overtime...don't get me started)


2. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Well, anything pumpkin spice really. Muffins, candles, etc. I love the smells of fall - bringing memories of family and togetherness, along with cooler air!



3. SUMMER SALES
Just a few days ago, thanks to a tip from a co-worker, I got two pairs of summer shoes for 70% off! My bank account said thanks. This is one of the adorable pairs I got!


4. NATURE'S BEAUTY 
(including cooler weather!)













Charleston doesn't get much changing of leaves, but Clemson's got to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in the fall. The whole town turns red, orange and yellow, and you can feel the fall breeze sweeping the summer humidity away!


5. TV SHOWS
Ok, go ahead, make fun! One Tree Hill has been my favorite show since Dawson's Creek ended! But other than that, 90210, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, GLEE...and more! Too bad I don't ever have time to watch tv. I have to force myself to cut out time for OTH!


6. CAMPING



Two weeks (from today!) until I'm NC bound with my love and best friends to camp for 4 days! I can't wait to crawl out of a cozy sleeping bag in the morning and inhale that cold, clean mountain air.  Blue Ridge, here I come!



7. HALLOWEEN
Carving pumpkins, dressing up, and candy on sale? Yes, please!



8. THANKSGIVING
Turkey. Cranberries. Pumpkin Pie. Stuffing. Rice & Giblet Gravy. Buttery Rolls. My mom's homemade Mac 'n cheese. Pecan Pie. Sweet tea. 
Need I say more?


9. FALL CLOTHES
Time to put away the bikinis and flip flops! I can't wait to bring out my cardigans, leggings, boots, and (lightweight) scarves! I'm definitely ready for a wardrobe rotation!



10. THE FAIR
Who says I have to put myself on the deathtraps they call rides? Not this girl. I'm the coat/purse/phone holder. I do thoroughly enjoy participating in funnel cake and corndog eating! (And people watching....you know you do it too!)


Happy Fall Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! I am seriously addicted to Pumpkin spice latte. I love Fall, always have and always will.

    ReplyDelete